Trainee Machinist (Days)
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-4pm and Friday 7am-1pm
Who we are
Founded in 1974 by David Arnold, Arrow Precision Engineering is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke high-performance powertrain components. Our journey has taken us from a toolmaker, through sub contract engineering to globally renowned manufacturer of race engine components.
Behind our business and our products we believe in Quality, Innovation and Performance above all else.
We provide all employees:
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Trainee Machinist, The role is responsible for the setting & operation of various CNC and manual machines including turning, milling and grinding. The role can also involve heavy lifting and sometimes periods spent in a dark room inspecting and fault checking parts.
Daily duties include:
- Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations and the process control plan.
- CNC machining, operating, and setting various Fanuc and Mazak language machines.
- When necessary, running secondary machines.
- Using measuring equipment to ensure components meet specification.
- Working to ISO 9001:2015 Quality and Management Systems and promoting Continuous Improvements.
- Performing any other reasonable duties that may be required.
What we are looking for
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Math’s.
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- A willingness to learn new skills and share ideas and knowledge.
- A positive, proactive and professional approach.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and a consistent approach.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work to targets and deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal contracted hours when required.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV, detailing your experience
Strictly no recruitment agencies