Apprentice Machinist (Days) Level 3 Machining Technician
Full time (college day release 1 day per week)
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-4pm and Friday 7am-1pm (Start date to coincide with the beginning of the college year)
Who we are
Founded in 1974 by David Arnold, Arrow Precision Engineering is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke high-performance powertrain components. Our journey has taken us from a toolmaker, through sub contract engineering to globally renowned manufacturer of race engine components.
Behind our business and our products we believe in Quality, Innovation and Performance above all else.
We provide all employees:
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the role
Dividing your time between work and college day release you will train to become a machinists in the manufacturing engineering sector, you will be predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex and precision work, machining components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools such as centre lathes, vertical and horizontal milling machines, horizontal and cylindrical grinding machines, single and multi-axis CNC machine tool centres
We work in collaboration with Leicester College and through the day release program you will work towards an EAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Machining over a 42 month period.
What we are looking for
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Math’s.
- A willingness to learn new skills and share ideas and knowledge.
- A positive, proactive and professional approach.
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and a consistent approach.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work to targets and deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal contracted hours when required.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV, detailing your experience
Strictly no recruitment agencies